Starting today we will start posting great summer food and drink combos every Friday. And oh boy what a great way to start it off! This great Spanish inspired combo is perfect for any hot summer day! Blood Orange Margaritas and Homeboy Mango Salsa! Perfection!! Below is the perfect receipe to make those margs right in your own kitchen! Enjoy!
- 3 oz fresh Blood Orange Juice
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- splash of agave nectar (syrup)
1. Rub the rim of an old fashioned glass (or whatever similar vessel you prefer) with an edge of a blood orange slice. Swirl the rim through a small pile of kosher or sea salt to salt the rim.
2. Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake for 15 seconds.
3. Put a few cubes of ice in your glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass and enjoy.